- Can I use medical insurance to purchase Transcend?
- How do I travel with my Transcend? Can I use it on my flight?
- Can I use Transcend overseas?
- Where can I purchase a Transcend system, accessories and spare/replacement parts?
- How does Transcend’s price compare to other CPAP devices?
- What kind of warranty is offered with Transcend?
- Which mask seals can I use with Transcend?
- Will wearing Transcend be uncomfortable?
- What if I need to change the therapy pressure on my Transcend?
- Do I need to make any adjustments to my Transcend if I’m at high altitude?
- What power options are available for Transcend?
- Is there a vehicle power adapter for Transcend?
- Do I need to charge the battery pack before I use it for the first time?
- Can I charge the battery pack while it is connected to my Transcend?
- How long will the battery power my Transcend during therapy?
- Does Transcend have a humidifier?
- How long does a heat moisture exchanger (HME) last?
- Are HMEs reimbursable by insurance?
- Transcend is designed to be worn on the head. Are there any heat or electromagnetic emissions issues I should be concerned about when using Transcend?
- Transcend is right next to my ear. Is it noisy?
- What should I do if I am experiencing problems with my Transcend?
1. Can I use medical insurance to purchase Transcend?
Transcend is reimbursable under the standard CPAP HCPC code. Please check with your medical equipment dealer to determine if your insurance can be used to purchase Transcend.
2. How do I travel with Transcend? Can I use it on my flight?
Carry your Transcend with you on your flight. As a medical device, it will not count as one of your carry-on items. Never check a sleep apnea therapy device with your baggage as it can be damaged through normal luggage handling procedures. Your doctor can provide you with a letter stating your diagnosis and the need to carry your device with you, if necessary. Be sure to call the airline in advance to clarify procedures and in-flight policies.
3. Can I use Transcend overseas?
Yes! Transcend’s universal AC power supply makes it easy to use Transcend outside the United States. The universal power supply automatically converts the power current, so all you need to bring on your trip is a plug adaptor to fit the two prong configuration of your Transcend power supply. Plug adaptors can be found at major department and hardware stores.
4. Where can I purchase a Transcend system, accessories and spare/replacement parts?
Transcend and its accessories and parts are available at reputable medical equipment dealers.
5. How does Transcend’s price compare to other CPAP devices?
Transcend is competitively priced with other CPAP devices on the market.
6. What kind of warranty is offered with Transcend?
The Transcend sleep therapy system comes with a two year manufacturer’s warranty.
7. Which mask seals can I use with Transcend?
The Transcend Sleep Apnea Therapy Starter System is compatible with any CPAP mask via the Universal Hose Adaptor and standard 6 foot hose.
The Transcend H6B and H9M Waterless Humidification Systems come with a proprietary interface that can be fitted with adaptors that are compatible with the most commonly used nasal seals, including:
- ResMed Ultra Mirage™ II Nasal Seal
- ResMed Activa LT™ SoftGel Nasal Seal
- ResMed Activa LT™ Nasal Seal
- Philips Respironics ComfortGel™ Original Nasal Seal
- Respironics ComfortGel™ Blue Nasal Seal
8. Will wearing Transcend be uncomfortable?
Patients who wear the Transcend CPAP report that it takes a few nights (generally two to five) to get fully comfortable with the CPAP on the head. Once they grow accustomed to wearing Transcend, however, they find it more easy to use and more comfortable than a traditional CPAP and 6’ hose.
9. What if I need to change the therapy pressure on my Transcend?
Your clinician or medical equipment dealer will set therapy pressure for you. If you need to change your therapy pressure setting after you’ve received your Transcend, you must contact your dealer and have them make the appropriate adjustments for you.
10. Do I need to make any adjustments to my Transcend if I’m at high altitudes?
No, Transcend automatically compensates therapy pressure to altitudes of up to 8,000 feet.
11. What power options are available for Transcend?
Transcend comes with a universal AC power supply and offers battery and mobile power adaptor options that are sold separately.
12. Is there a vehicle power adaptor for Transcend?
Yes! Transcend has a mobile power adaptor available that allows it to plug into the DC power outlet in your car, truck, RV, boat, camper, or wherever you choose to sleep. You can also use the mobile power adaptor to recharge the Transcend battery pack.
13. Do I need to charge the battery pack before I use it for the first time?
Yes, make sure the battery is fully charged before using it with Transcend for the first time.
14. Can I charge the battery pack while it is connected to my Transcend?
Yes, the Transcend battery can be recharged with the AC power supply or mobile power adaptor while delivering therapy.
15. How long will the battery power my Transcend during therapy?
The Transcend P4 battery system provides sufficient power to operate the device for 7-9 hours at a pressure setting of 14 cmH2O. The Transcend P8 battery system provides power for 14-16 hours of use at the same setting. Both the P4 and P8 batteries are designed to accommodate more than 250 discharge/recharge cycles with standard use.
16. Does Transcend have a humidifier?
Transcend uses patented heat moisture exchange (HME) technology to provide humidification during therapy. HME technology has been used in hospital ventilators for over 50 years, but Transcend is the first to utilize this innovative technology in CPAP therapy.
17. How does the waterless humidification system work?
The hygienic heat moisture exchanger (HME) is disposable and has no electric heating elements. HME technology works naturally with your breath to give you the humidification you need. During therapy, the small and hygienic HME captures heat and moisture from your exhaled breath, then it gives it back to you when you inhale to provide warm, moist air. This eliminates the need for a traditional heated humidifier and all the problems that come with it.
18. How long does a heat moisture exchanger (HME) last?
Different people require different levels of humidification. The HME should be replaced once you feel you are no longer receiving adequate humidification. Generally, this will be about once a week. Your Transcend waterless humidification system comes with four HMEs. Replacements can be ordered from your dealer.
19. Are HMEs reimbursable by insurance?
Yes, the HME is now reimbursable through insurance.
20. Transcend can be worn on the head. Are there any heat or electromagnetic emission issues I should be concerned about when using Transcend?
There are not. Transcend has been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and found safe for everyday use. In addition, Transcend uses advance blower technology that all but eliminates friction and heat generation. You will feel no heat or vibration from Transcend.
21. What should I do if I am experiencing problems with my Transcend?
Your healthcare provider or Somnetics Customer Support (877-621-9626) can assist you with any questions you may have.